family Lexicon (Lumen)
T ITLE: family Lexicon
Author: Natalia Ginzburg
Year: 1963
Edition: Lumen, Barcelona 2007
I guess all families have their particular lexicon. Mine at least has it, expressions that are repeated when a brother would not eat something, proverbs are one in the house, the same adjective that describes always so and so ... In family Lexicon , Natalia Ginzburg uses the peculiar lexicon of his family to tell some of your family memories. At the same time, "the history of fascist Italy in a bathrobe walks through the pages of a fascinating book, falsely simple, everyday stories where shamelessly mixed with reflections of great depth" "Says the cover of the book, and naively smoothed dramatic events, I think. For the book parade a lot of characters in the political and cultural history of Italy that had a relationship with the family Ginzburg. But the most shine are his father and mother, funny as themselves, two real "characters" to which I would have liked to know.
family Lexicon is not a book you're wanting to catch to get home to see how it goes, but you are very happy while reading. A book that makes you enjoy the pleasant feeling of being together, a book that is good and you hard to get away. It is the third I read about Natalia Ginzburg and I liked all three, it may be less than Small virtues and most of our yesterdays .
0 comments:
Post a Comment