Winter of Frankie Machine (Ediciones Martínez Roca)
Title: Winter of Frankie Machine
Author: Don Winslow
Year: 2006
Edition: Ediciones Martínez Roca, Madrid 2010
time ago someone commented on the blog it seemed that all the books I read I liked, because he never wore a D. The explanation I gave then is that when a book I like, I do not nothing fancy writing an entry to tell what's going on, and I do not like peeling (although I enjoy reading ). Following on from that conversation, another commentator said I should also write about books I do not like. I do not remember the reason was, convinced me, so I'm here to talk about The Winter of Frankie Machine that I have not liked anything. Well, a little yes, a passage, a scene, but overall, a D.
Why do not I like? First, because as I found predictable thriller. I do not want to say anything, if anyone reads it, but the answering machine message when the daughter starts Frankie hunting is beginning author. Furthermore, the novel is extremely coarse, explicit sex scene, pass, block, two, okay, the atmosphere of the mafia and Las Vegas is not very puritanical, follow, from three, I think it's bait, bait . Why read? Because I had spoken well of The Power of the Dog, another Winslow, and I found this in my hands and thought: ¨ maybe this is also good ¨, and I was wrong. In any case, read the dog, if only for the title, which I think is spectacular.
Updated 02/09/1911. Another view on the same line Come in and read
0 comments:
Post a Comment