Knight of yellow jacket (Alfaguara)
Title: Knight of the doublet yellow
Author: Arturo Perez-Reverte
Edition: Alfaguara, Madrid 2003
Fifth volume of the adventures of Diego Alatriste . This time the setting is Madrid, in my opinion a point in favor of the book, but the plot is flimsy and lightweight. This time it is of conspiracies, betrayals and loves high. I like to appear in the novel as historical characters Quevedo, a regular in the series, and this time Lope de Vega . I also like the language, imitating the English seventeenth century, full of pardieces , God lives and vuesasmercedes . I like the character of Walter Malatesta and I get bored and a little Alatriste and his badness (though not commented on the blog , I read the four). And since we are, I loaded the reflections of IƱigo de Balboa on that Spain, which was everything and it was a way of being nothing, and their frivolous rulers, who were the ones who ruined it (not saying that's not true, but is that they are all equal, and the fifth start thinking that Perez-Reverte not check what he writes).
Anyway, as you see, a book with things that I liked and other no. On the negative side, it weighs much to the plot has little stem, so do not moving from C.
0 comments:
Post a Comment