Sunday, April 24, 2011

What Are The Main Stds

Franny and Zooey (Alliance)

Title: Franny and Zooey
Author: JD Salinger
Year: 1961 Edition
: Aliza, Madrid 2001

The other day I told a reader of blog that Salinger always manages to surprise. And so, I honestly do not know what it is, but I always left with the feeling of having read something different, unusual, perhaps strange, unexpected, ... Franny and Zooey is a book consisting of two stories appeared separately in The New Yorker in 1955 and 1957 respectively (although I think that the post together what is rather a short novel). The first story is a long conversation about literature discussion between Franny, the youngest of the Glass family and Lane boyfriend, a college pijillo and pedantic. Franny is extremely techy as a result of reading The Russian pilgrim, a classic of Eastern Christian spirituality, and the poor Lane does not understand what happened to his lovely and beautiful bride. Magistral. The second story, much longer, start with Zooey Glass in the bathtub rereading a letter he wrote years ago his brother Buddy, and continues with a series of memorable conversations between Zooey and his mother Franny and Zooey and precisely what he could be happening to Franny. Disconcerting, if not expected, the final and all religious content the story. Fantastic Zooey's character, in my opinion close to the grotesques that populate the books Flannery O'Connor, but in New York, handsome and gifted intelectualemete.

0 comments:

Post a Comment